Friday, August 29, 2014

Painting my cow. Also Art Focus

I was mentioned in Art Focus September/October 2014. I thought I would post that here. :)
http://issuu.com/ovac/docs/artfocus-septoct14?e=1732622%2F9113598
http://issuu.com/ovac/docs/artfocus-septoct14?e=1732622%2F9113598











Also I thought I might as well post progress shots of the resin cow head. I started painting it to see how it would turn out.

I first used a white spray primer.
Then I air brushed brown and black acrylic to get into the lines.
Then I started painting with oils. Not sure if you are supposed to paint on Resin with oil but I figured I primed it and painted with acrylic, it was worth a shot.

Here are some photographs of my first oil layer. I plan to do at least one more layer of paint if this layer ever dries.  If this piece turns out I may do a series of them... more plans to follow.
Regardless I plan to cast some wax cows tonight or this weekend.
Before paint

with first layer of oil

first layer of oil


First layer of oil

First layer of oil




Moo!

No comments:

Post a Comment