(1/12/12) I left plenty of room around my original sketch lines so that I could subtract material slowly and more accurately. Here is an early above view.
|(1/12/12- 1/17/12) After about another hour of shaping the clay more accurately we
wrapped the pieces up for the weekend. This is a photo I took when I
came back the next time so the pepper looks a bit more dry. :P|
|(1/17/12) The real pepper started to kind of shrivel over the weekend too.. I took some photos of it for a reference in case it doesn't last much longer.|
|(1/17/12) Since the clay had dried and hardened a little more I was able to
start shaping the bottom of it and making it look a little more three
|(1/17/12) After a while it started looking more pepper shaped in the body. The stem still looked kind of blob shaped because I wanted to save it for last so that it would not break off or dry out any more than it had to.|
(1/17/12) At the end of the day I sprayed down the pepper and wrapped it more tightly in the plastic bag so that it would dry out less until the next time I used it. (especially the stem) Here is my slimy, shiny, pepper.