Today I spent using the dremel tool to fix all the mold defects from the cow that I cast last night. I also sanded the base part flat.
I then sprayed it down with a plastic primer and let it dry. After that I started painting. I did a dark layer first to get into all the cracks and details and then worked my way lighter. My first coat will be completely painted over when it dries in a couple of days this first layer was just to fill in color. The next layer will clean up and detail parts and finally I will go back in and finish minor details once everything is dry.
I also cast another cow but had some air bubbles due to pouring the resin in 2 parts instead of a single pour and I poured a little too fast. I am purchasing some apoxy sculpt to see if there is any way to save it.
|First layer of dark paint to fill in details then wiped off.|
|First layer of paint. Still wet. Marked off kind of the colors I want and where. Will paint details when it dries.|
|Another angle. Needs a lot of touch ups once it dries|
|The three heads so far. Front: dry head. Left: Wet head with 1 layer of paint. Right: Newly cast head with Bubble defect in ear.|
Overall I think it was a pretty productive 3 day weekend. :)