Monday, September 30, 2013

Art Progress Dump 9/30

I decided to dump some of my progress on you guys today.

I have coil built two pieces in my ceramics class. We are finishing up slab building with texture (I dont have photos of that yet.

In oil painting I have come to a 85-90% completion point on the close up of the dog head. Rather than continuing on with ice cream painting underneath I am considering doing possibly something sculptural or video related to go with the piece. I am still planning things out with that one in my head.  In the mean time I have two other pieces going. One is going to be like a sliding tile puzzle game where the painting is divided into squares which can be slid around to rearrange the composition. That piece is requiring a bit more time cutting, framing and planning and so I have not begun painting it quite yet. The other piece is a small kaleidoscope type image of cows that I am doing for fun in the mean time.  I will try to upload photographs of these eventually.

In sculpture I have made a few more sets of resin eyeballs while attempting to get the process right. I have made a couple pairs that are starting to look better. I have cast the head that will be aluminum in wax and am preparing that for a ceramic shell. I began modeling the exterior head out of modeling clay but I still need to find a model for it so that it looks realistic. I have added clay to get proportions but ran out and had to go purchase more.

Early on after coil building


Added ears

Another angle still wet

Fired






First Coil built vessel 















































Sanded Down Foam Shape for Under head
Plaster head mold with wax
Modeling Clay outter head beginnings. Ran out of clay
Needs a lot more work this is just a starting point.
Temporary Resin Eyes can be seen here.

No comments:

Post a Comment