Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Final Semester Progress Update #1

I thought it might be a good idea to post some of my progress this semester. I have been very busy. I jumped right into finishing where I left off last semester. I planned over the winter break and rewrote a lot of things like my artist statement and bio. I also did a lot of sketching and planning. As soon as the semester started I got to work finishing my melting platform.

I melted the first wax head. (The one with the aluminum core). I found that the aluminum pulled the heat out of the wax quickly once I got down to the final layer.  I also melted another chocolate cow.

I have well over 50GB of video footage from the melting process. I plan to spend a lot of time in the next few weeks editing it down and seeing if it is presentable in that format. I also have photos which I plan to post later tonight.

For oil painting I started out by beginning a new painting to go along side of my drooling dog painting. It is the same size and format. 32x34. I would like to see these two together with possibly a projector projecting dripping water/drool from them.  The cow is still in progress. I plan to add some food in his mouth. (He was eating some kind of weed or grass when I took the reference photo). I also plan to add more detail and contrast. This is still pretty early on.

No comments:

Post a Comment