I tried taking a damp sponge to the cow to get the color off. The color does eventually rub off but the texture is still a bit weird. I may just have to shell out for another 6 bags of chocolates and try again. I am going to cool it at room temperature this time and see if that helps anything. There could have been stuff in the mold that caused it to do that as well.
In class I got all of the rust off of the stand and then used a clear coat on it so that it wouldnt re-rust. My plan is to redo the chocolate cow and then check out cameras to film it melting this week.